Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Coachella & Governors Ball & Bonnaroo 2018 Lineups Announced

UPDATE: JANUARY 5, 2018:



I have to say that I am terribly UNDERWHELMED by the Coachella lineup... Governors Ball seems a little better, if only for Jack White.

Seems that circa 2012, my personal taste briefly coincided with the tastes of festival bookers, but no more. Too much hiphop, not enough rock.

Besides a few rock headliners I might like, I was previously accustomed to having many bands I liked in the opening slots. Bands like Parquet Courts, Christopher Owens, Ty Segall, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Foxygen.... but I've never heard of a lot of these bands... and probably never will...

UPDATE: Bonnaroo lineup is interesting... Manchester Orchestra! That's the kind of band I like to see on there.... Also Trombone Shorty (great live... drove him around NYC when he was a youngster... great guy!).... Mavis Staples is great.... wonder if Tweedy will perform with her.... Nile Rodgers is amazing, of course....

No comments:

Post a Comment