Monday, April 30, 2012

Bonnie "Prince" Billy To Release New Versions of His Classics on an EP in July

http://pitchfork.com/news/46349-bonnie-prince-billy-announces-new-ep-reissues/


Bonnie "Prince" Billy Announces New EP, Reissues

By 
Laura Snapes
 on April 30, 2012 at 11:13 a.m.

Bonnie
Drag City and Domino will release Bonnie "Prince" Billy's Now Here's My Plan EP on July 23,  while a week later on June 30, Domino will reissue six Will Oldham records from between 1996 and 2004: Palace Brothers' 1996 Arise Therefore and 1997 Joya, and BPB's 1999 I See a Darkness, 2001 Ease Down the Road, 2003 Master and Everyone, and 2004 Greatest Palace Music. (Drag City will not release the reissues in the U.S.)
All of the reissues will be released under the Bonnie "Prince" Billy moniker, which is "now stable," according to a press release. They follow a series of Europe-only Palace reissues from earlier this year.
As previously announced, the Now Here's My Plan EP accompanies the book Will Oldham on Bonnie "Prince" Billy, out June 4 in the UK and due for publication in the U.S. in September. Recorded with members of the Wolfroy Goes to Town touring band, the EP is comprised of new versions of classic Oldham songs.
Check out the EP's tracklist below, and watch Bonnie "Prince" Billy perform "I See a Darkness":
Now Here's My Plan EP:
01 I Don't Belong to Anyone
02 Beast for Thee
03 No Gold Digger
0
4 After I Made Love to You
0
5 I See a Darkness
06 Three Questions

No comments:

Post a Comment