Monday, March 12, 2012

Stuff We're Listening to This Week

New Multitude - tribute to Woody Guthrie on his centenary feat Jay Farrar, Yim Yames (Jim James), Will Johnson, and Anders Parker

The Decemberists - new double live album

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream (Deluxe Reissue) - Disc 2 (out-takes, alternative versions, etc.) of one of my favorite albums of all time feat. the complete song "Siamese Dream" which is a monster. We'd previously heard a snippet of it years ago as a vinyl B-side, but only recently heard the complete version for the first time. Glad to put Billy Corgan back on my Hall of Fame wall where he belongs. I'm putting Bob Mould (Husker Du, Sugar) back up there too, having seen him perform recently and read from his new memoirs. Now if only Jon Spencer Blues Explosion can return to my list of faves....

I was thinking yesterday who my all-time faves are.... my current faves are Jack White, Alex Turner, and Pete Doherty.... all of them currently quite active... but also active are some of my all-time faves like Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young, and Black Francis/Frank Black.... M.I.A. would have to be on that list too... and I'm sure a dozen others will spring to mind the second I log off...


No comments:

Post a Comment