Wednesday, February 1, 2012

M.I.A.


So... M.I.A.... new song (kinda), new video (directed by Roman!), new album (soon).... and a Super Bowl half-time performance with Brand New BFF's Madonna and Nicki Minaj....

Big Big Times for M.I.A.....

(one of the best artists currently on the planet)

from the L.A. Times:

M.I.A. dishes on Super Bowl appearance with Madonna

 Mia!
Electro-pop "Bad Girl" M.I.A. revealed, as expected, that she’ll be performing during the Super Bowl halftime show Sunday alongside  Madonna and Nicki Minaj. M.I.A. confirmed the news in a recent interview with BBC Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe.
“I’m going to the Super Bowl rehearsals. I’m going to be performing with Madonna and Nicki Minaj,” she told the station. “If you’re going to go to the Super Bowl, you might as well go there with America’s biggest female icon.”
After she recently worked on Madonna’s new single “Give Me All Your Luvin” with Minaj, M.I.A.'s announcement was no real surprise. When the pop star power trio performs during at the championship game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots, they will join the ranks of influential Super Bowl halftime acts such as Prince, The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty and U2.
The artist born Mathangi Arulpragasam in London went on to discuss working with Madonna. "As musicians, we’re two women and we represent two opposite sides of the world. If we can come together on a piece of music or something like the Super Bowl, I feel like that’s actually a cool thing to see."
M.I.A. also teased some details of her as-yet-untitled fourth studio album during the interview, which followed the release of her single “Bad Girls” on Monday.
“I want it to be a summer thing ’cause it’s a summer record. As soon as I finish the Super Bowl, I’ve gotta do another couple of weeks with European producers,” she said.




No comments:

Post a Comment